Saturday, January 02, 2016

2016- the year of stretching!

I can't believe it has been more than a year since my last post.  There have been so many amazing and healthy things that have happened in that time, and some scary and sad things too.  I have lost 78 pounds through nutrition, Take Shape for Life and exercise.  I have been through a health scare.  I got promoted.  I got the onward assignment at the top of my list.  I had a wonderful relationship with a really sweet man.  So it will be tough to top the outcomes of my 2015 theme, Engage and Stimulate.  Yet I am quite sure that 2016 will be equally phenomenal under my new theme "Stretching. 

I am beginning the year with a solid plan that I am going to share.  And hopefully report on regularly on this blog.  Fingers crossed.

Physical: Stretching my body and endurance
1.      Yoga- build flexibility through regular yoga and stretching sessions
2.      Weight loss: Reach my goal (minus 31 lbs from today) and evaluate if I should stretch to a lower weight or if I should go into maintenance
3.      Transition to maintenance and maintain weight
4.      Jogging: Build a run-walk habit so that I can run a half marathon or marathon in December

Financial: Stopping my budget stretch
1.       Pay off carpet debt
2.       Pay for cabinets
3.    Pay down extra on my mortgages
4.    Build net worth
5.    Follow YNAB techniques

Relationship: Stretching out to connect
1.       Write cards/letters to friends weekly
2.       Talk to at least one friend weekly on the phone
3.       Talk to at least one family member weekly on the phone
4.       Attend or host at least one social event weekly

Professional/Intellectual: Stretching my brain
1.       Read at least one ESTH article each week
2.       Do at least one thing per week that makes me worthy of the award I want
3.       Study at least 22 kanji per day, with goal to completing 4000 common words by July 1, 2016
4.       Be kind, be flexible, have an open mind, find the win-win.
5.       Praise people and say thank you.
6.       Listen to 30 mins of podcasts each day.
7.       Use luminosity each day.

Stuff: Stopping my belongings from stretching
1.       Downsize the items that stretch my home and patience
2.       Organize into stuff for storage, give away, use up, sell, UAB to US and HHE to Yokohama

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home