Sunday, June 15, 2014

Mini Habit Day 48 and 49

1. I am thankful for friends who will take me to the out of the way places that I would not find on my own and friends who will go with me to random but interesting essential oil sessions.  I am lucky.

2. I enjoyed 45 minutes total on the elliptical machine in these two days.  I also did my required sun salutations.

3. When I got home on Friday evening, I was surprised to see a young, small monitor lizard sitting on my driveway.  I figured that as I got closer to it with my car it would get scared and move away, but it did not.  I sat there in my car watching it, thinking I did not want to get out of the car with it sitting so close.  It sat there watching me, taunting me, I think.  So I thought "let me take a photo."  While I averted my eyes to get my camera out of my purse it disappeared.  Of course, that made me happy, but also nervous.  I had not seen which direction it had gone, and for all I knew it was sitting under my car waiting for me to get out so it could lunge at me.  I sat there for a while, looking around to see where it might have gone.  Finally I honked the horn a few times, thinking that if it was sitting under my car it would be scared by the sound of the horn.  After a few minutes in the car and a few honks, I finally got the courage to open the door and get out.  I was relieved that I was not attacked by the lizard.  One can only wonder what the lizard thought as it watched me be scared of it, and what my neighbors thought of my antics :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home