Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Japanese competitions

I started taking Japanese lessons again. Originally the plan was every Monday and Thursday, 2 hours per evening, but very quickly the real world set in and it dropped to once a week, when my schedule allows. I am enjoying the lessons; they consist of newspaper reading, kanji practicing and conversation. My teacher is good; he is a grad student here studying Rural Development, originally from the Tokyo area. I have not forgotten as much as I thought I had, though my characters memory is still weak. My sister, Michelle, and I are competing to see who can get the best score in the Level 1 exam in 2006. She passed Level 2 last year. Passing Level 2 in 1996 and not using it much since then means she has a distinct advantage in the competition, but maybe the effort of classes will get me back in the groove.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home