Friday, April 08, 2005

Calcutta's cabana boy

April continued with a week long business trip in Calcutta. My boss (Vinnie) and I went there to meet with officials and freight forwarders at the ports that handle our shipments. With the construction of our new embassy, 500-700 containers of materials will be arriving there for us and we wanted to ensure we had a clear understanding of the process and paperwork required to make it all flow smoothly. The operations were very well-organized and developed. When we were not in meetings, we explored the city and lounged by the hotel pool. Another friend (Jenny) also works in Calcutta, so she and I were able to meet up a few times for some fun too. A non-business part of the trip was "Cabana Boy." He was a very cute Nepali boy who was at my beck and call at the pool with great drinks and yummy crackers. Vinnie and Jenny made fun of me, because I would just wave my hand and he would come running. What a great business trip. (See photos at http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=16nw59zt.6zxn43al&x=0&y=85r5ad).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home