Sunday, January 16, 2005

The Nine Honks of Nepal

As I walked to work last week, I had an idea for a fun poem/song to share so that friends get a sense of the sounds of Nepal.

Sing alond, in the tune of the 12 days of Xmas :)

After 6 weeks in Nepal, the honks aren't a mystery to me.
Let me explain them, so you, my friend, can see.

The first honk of Nepal that is no longer a mystery to me Means "Hey, wanna a taxi?"

The second honk of Nepal that is no longer a mystery to me Means "This ONE lane can only fit vehicles three!"

The third honk of Nepal that is no longer a mystery to me Means "Traffic jam- I'm running latey!"

The fourth honk of Nepal that is no longer a mystery to me Means "Hey pedestrian, don't walk, for your safety!"

The fifth honk of Nepal that is no longer a mystery to me Means "I'm a big truck, don't mess with me!"

The sixth honk of Nepal that is no longer a mystery to me Means "The bus, is waiting for thee!"

The seventh honk of Nepal that is no longer a mystery to me Means "It's a strike day, enjoy your roller skatey!"

The eighth honk of Nepal that is no longer a mystery to me Means "Ahoy there, me matey!"

The ninth honk of Nepal that is no longer a mystery to me Means "I'm here, gate open sesame"

After 6 weeks in Nepal, the honks are no longer a mystery to me.
1. Wanna a taxi?
2. Vehicles three!
3. Running latey!
4. Don't walk for safety!
5. Don't mess with me!
6. Bus waiting for thee!
7. Enjoy your roller skatey!
8. Ahoy there matey!
9. Open sesame!

Let's all join in the cacophony!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home