Monday, March 21, 2005

Household staff management

A “not so positive” experience was firing my housekeeper. She and I had a difference of opinion on priorities. I should have fired her sooner, but kept trying to make it work out. (It sounds like many relationships I have had too, I guess there is a pattern :) I was able to find a replacement for her within a week, and the new housekeeper is working out well. One odd thing about Foreign Service life so far is managing household staff. In the US I took care of myself with little difficulty. Somehow here in Nepal I keep a full-time gardener/day guard, full-time housekeeper, part-time personal assistant and soon a full-time driver (when I get my car in mid-June) busy taking care of me. I am my own work provision program. I like not having to do many of the day-to-day tasks around the house, but I dislike constantly having someone around at home. Over time, I am adjusting to both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home