Sunday, September 27, 2009

A trip to Islamabad

I made my first trip to Islamabad and it was a very busy couple of days. I went mainly for a Management bonding day, but went a day early in order to meet people and get in some consultation time. It was really good to put faces with names and voices and to gather ideas within the management team for what we will all be trying to achieve this year. I felt very motivated by our great ideasm attitude and progress in just a simple day.

The city itself was really fun to see. Islamabad is a planned city, and was built in a perfect grid pattern. The grids are lettered and numbered, so that it is quite easy to drive from one point to another as long as one knows the letter and number of the starting point and destination.

Each grid block has a park and market area built into the planning, so each area has a reason to know neighbors and gather as a community. It really was well-planned and there is a lot of green space.

I am told that the city is quiet and quite sleepy, being mainly a place for bureaucrats and government and embassy people, but that might be just my speed. As I arrived about 10 pm, that did seem to be the case, as compared with the crazy traffic and throngs of people in Lahore. I was pleasantly surprised with Islamabad, perhaps I will have to bid on a job there someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home