Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Lahore, the garden spot of Pakistan

I arrived in Lahore less than a week ago, and I am determined to be a better blogger here than I was in Baghdad. Life and work there just kept getting in the way. I am going to try to at least add train of thought ramblings on a more regular basis from Lahore.

My first impressions of Lahore...

- The people are so very friendly! Everyone in the Consulate has gone out of their way to make me feel welcome and a part of the team. The normal tour here is only a year, and despite the number of people who have extended for a second year already in my incoming group, the current group is mainly a one year crew. Very soon I will be the one with the long-term memory, even though I won't have been here very long myself!

- My house is spacious and has lots and lots of closets. So exciting!!!

Time for a new meeting, so my rambling thoughts must end for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home