Friday, July 18, 2008

Answering your questions...

Hey there,

I have been getting some great questions, so I thought I would share answers with a wider audience...

Q1- What kind of TV do you get?
A1: The TV shows are sort of spotty. We have a cable system and most of the TV seems to come out of Dubai...there are some US programs, but they seem to be about 1-2 seasons behind the US. As I am getting ready in the mornings, I have a choice of Dukes of Hazzard (welcome back 70s and 80s!) and CNN/BBC. In the evenings it varies...Grey's Anatomy, Oprah, Medium, some of the various CSI's and Cold Case type shows. But I have not figured out yet if there is a regular schedule. We were told we are going to get a wider range of channels soon, after they do some upgrade. There are a lot of Arabic channels, and one show called Noor that seems to be on constantly which sems like a TV novella. I really wish I could understand enough Arabic to understand that show and others.

Q2: How much does the protective equipment weigh? Do you wear it all the time?
A2: It weighs about 35 pounds. Currently we do not have to wear it all the time, only when we are traveling or when the security situation calls for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home